NTA has started the JEE Main 2019 registration from September 1. JEE Main Application form 2019 is available both at nta.ac.in and jeemain.nic.in. Students who are planning to take the NTA JEE Main first exam in January 2019 required to fill this form.
The JEE Main Counselling and the JEE Advanced counselling will will be conducted by JoSAA. The candidates qualifying the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced will have to register themselves with JoSAA. The candidates will be allocated the seats according to the merit and preferences. Candidates will be called for the JEE Main 2018 counselling process only after their successful registration. While in the registration process candidates will be given to choose their preferences which will be taken into account. There will be two mock allotments of seats after which the candidates will be able to modify their choices knowing their probability of Admissions in the institutes.
The JoSAA counselling will be held for seven rounds
|1||Registration and Choice Filling of JoSAA 2018||Second week of June to Last week of June 2018|
|2||Seat Allotment – Round 1||Final week of June 2018|
|3||Seat Allotment – Round 2||First week of July 2018|
|4||Seat Allotment – Round 3||Second week of July 2018|
|5||Seat Allotment – Round 4||Second week of July 2018|
|6||Seat Allotment – Round 5||Third week of July 2018|
|7||Seat Allotment – Round 6||Third week of July 2018|
|8||Seat Allotment – Round 7||Fourth week of July 2018|
JoSAA Counselling Procedure 2018
- The JoSAA Counselling procedure starts with the registration. The registration process starts from June tentatively. Candidates have to log in with their JEE Main Roll Number and Password. JEE Advanced qualified candidates will enter the JEE Advanced roll number and password. Candidates then have to fill up the needed details correctly to complete the registration process. In case the candidates will to change the contact details, it has to be done at the time of registration. During the registration process, candidates have to change the password for their login id.
- The candidates next have to fill the preferred choices and lock it. Choice filling will start from the month of June tentatively. Candidates with the JEE Main scores will be able to choose the available choices from the IIITs, NIITs and GFTIs and JEE Advanced qualifiers will be able to choose from the options available in the IITs. There will be options to arrange the choices as per preferences and also can modify the or interchange the choices. Candidates can delete the unwanted choices using multiple deletion. After choosing candidates can save the options and lock the preferred choices. It is important for the candidates to take out a print of the locked choices.
- Candidates will be allotted their seats according to their merit and preferences set. Seat allotment will be done by the Admission Authorities. The Seat allotment will be done in the online mode. Candidates will be sent a seat allotment letter which they have to download and pay the acceptance fees. After paying the fees the candidates have to report to the help centers for the document verification process. The selected candidates will have to pay the seat acceptance fee of Rs. 45,000 after downloading their provisional allotment letter. Candidates have to carry the original documents at the time of verification.
- Reporting at the reporting centres: Candidates will have to take all the original documents in the specified reporting centre. They have to carry the original documents as per requirement. . If the candidates do not attend or qualify the document verification process, then their admission may get canceled.
- Reporting at the Allotted Institutes: After the verification process candidates have to report to the colleges or institutions for the admission process. The remaining balance admission fees is to be paid in the admission process. Candidates have to also provide the print out of the preference set in the choice filling procedure.