IPU CET Exam stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Exam. This exam is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The IPU CET Exam is offering admissions to the Under Graduates and Post Graduates in the fields of Engineering, Dental, Medical and Law.
The interested candidates have to qualify the entrance and IPU CET 2018. The exam is conducted in the month of April 2018. The application form starts from January 2018, and you can apply from the official website- www.ipu.ac.in
Important Dates of IPU CET 2018
The IPU CET Exam has released notifications for various courses. The important dates for the event of admission for various undergraduate B.Tech Programs are:
CET Exam Date
|Last Date of the Application Form||
|Declaration of the Results|
|1||131||B.Tech||1st May 2018||13th May 2018||2: 00 P.M to 4: 30 PM||
24th May 2018
1st May 2018
|19th May 2018||2: 00 PM to 5 P.M||31st May 2018|
Availability of Seats in Various Programs under IPU CET 2018 Exam
The IPU CET Exam offers over 5, 260 B.Tech Seats in 81 Private Institutes and 690 B.Tech Seats in 35 affiliated Government Institutes. There are total 15 streams available in B.Tech Programs.
The streams that are available in the IPU CET 2018 are:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Bio-Chemical Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Tool Engineering
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for IPU CET 2018
- The candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
- For Under Graduate Programs, the candidates must qualify 12th Must be 21 years of age.
- For Post Graduate Courses, the candidates must have qualified graduate examination. Maximum age limit- 35 years.
- For Bachelor of Vocation Course, the candidates must have a maximum age limit of 45 years. The candidates should not be less than 16 years as on 31st Dec 2018.
Application Form and Fees of IPU CET 2018
The IPU CET provides an online mode of application form. The tentative dates are scheduled for the month of January 2018. The application form is divided into two sections: the first section includes the personal information and the second section includes the details regarding the course and payment.
The cost of the application form is Rs 1000 per course. The fee payment is done completely online which is through debit/credit card or net banking.
IPU CET 2018 Application Form – Complete Details Here
Examination Pattern of IPU CET 2018
- The examination will be held in the month of April or May 2018.
- The mode of examination is offline (pen- paper based).
- The exam is conducted in English Language.
- The duration of the exam is 2: 30 hours for Bio-Technology and 3 Hours for other B.Tech Programs.
- The question pattern for M.A English is Multiple Choice Questions and Essay Type Questions and for M.Phil. English it is Subjective Type.
- The number of questions for all B.Tech Programs is 150 Questions, whereas for Bio-Technology, it is 200 questions. Besides that, M.Phil. Has 100 Objective Type Questions.
- The maximum number of marks is 600 except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC.
- For every correct answer the mark rewarded is 4 while for every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.